Why are the sites introducing a poker registration bonus? It's no secret that in the online poker industry there is competition between rooms for the attention of players. In order to attract as many new players as possible, the site uses incentives both new and old players.
In this material, we will consider what conditions are offered to beginners for registration, in addition to this, we will analyze other types of bonuses.
What bonuses do poker rooms offer in 2020
Having studied all the bonuses offered by the sites, we have compiled a classification of the main ones:
- Registration bonus. Despite the fact that this type of bonus is present in absolutely all open rooms, the offers for it vary greatly. As a rule, rooms offer to increase the size of the first deposit by a percentage (from 100% and above). This is a wagering bonus, which means that the player does not receive money immediately, but only after he has wagered it (for example, to receive a bonus, you need to wager the deposit money with a wager of x4, which means that when you deposit at 10$, you have to play 4 times the rake).
In addition to the deposit bonus, some rooms have a no deposit bonus. This bonus is credited to the player immediately after registration and is an amount for a deposit for cash games, tournament tickets or all at once;
- Re-deposit bonus. Available on deposit in a calendar month or as a special offer for certain players. Such a bonus is accompanied by additional conditions for its receipt;
- Activity bonus. As a rule, they represent a certain variation of the loyalty system (rakeback, cashback). It does not correlate with the size of the deposit, it is determined by the platform itself. The earned bonus points can be exchanged for money or souvenirs on the site of the room.
- Permanent bonus. The conditions are the same as for the deposit bonus, but the interest for it is much lower (15-25%).
- Closed freerolls. An entrance ticket to closed tournaments without a buy-in, which, unlike open freerolls, have a much more impressive prize pool.
- Referral bonus. I think everything is clear here - a bonus for registering players using your link. One of the main conditions for getting it is that a friend or acquaintance plays a certain amount of time in the room;
- Leader bonus. Incentives for players who are in the top rating of the room. Usually paid at least once a week;
- Best hand bonus. To get it, you need to win the hand with a certain combination, under certain conditions. Limited in time - if no one has collected the required combination, then the bonus goes to the owner of the weak hand;
- Badbeat Jackpot. Bonus for players who lost the hand with a strong combination in their hands. The rules of the game vary from room to room, just like the size of the consolation prize. Can be paid to several players at the same time.
A poker bonus for registration or for other actions of a player can vary significantly, depending on the room, remember that bonuses are a pleasant nuance, but do not pretend to be a serious criterion in any way room selection.